The American Health Care Association / National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL), (ACHCA) has identified our center as a top performer in their Quality Initiative Recognition Program. Our center was recognized for our achievements through the Quality Initiative Recognition Program, which honors member centers for their individual work in achieving AHCA/ Quality Initiative goals.
“I am extremely honored to have our center recognized for this incredible achievement,” said Marvin Ostreicher, president of National Health Care Associates and the manager of our center. “We are proud to improve care for our patients and residents. Our commitment to quality will continue.”
“This achievement overall represents not only improvement on a set of quality measures in this center but also significant improvements in outcomes among the patients they serve, such as fewer hospitalizations, more discharges back to the community and stopping the use of antipsychotics that can be harmful,” added Ostreicher.
The Quality Initiative was launched in 2012 by AHCA/NCAL as a national effort to build upon the existing work of the post-acute care profession. The Initiative aims to further improve quality of care in skilled nursing centers by challenging members with specific, measurable targets in four or more the following areas:
- Decrease turnover rates among nursing staff
- Adopt Core-Q customer satisfaction
- Reduce the number of unintended health care outcomes
- Safely reduce the number of hospital readmissions within 30 days or achieve and maintain a low rate of 10%
- Improve discharge back to the community by 10% or achieve and maintain a high rate of at least 70%
- Improve functional outcomes by 10% or maintain an average rate of improvement of 75%
- Safely reduce the off-label use of antipsychotics
- Safely reduce hospitalizations among long-stay residents or achieve/maintain a low rate of 10% or less
Thanks to our team!!!